Monday, May 01, 2006

The coffee etiquette here sucks

This is along the same lines as the put away your toys post, but I think it merits some real estate on here anyway.

I drink coffee. I have not always been a coffee drinker, but since I started working I've learned to enjoy it. I've also learned that I have a hard time staying awake if I don't eat/drink in between meals. Since coffee is relatively healthy for you (and yes, I drink it black so the caloric intake from the cream and sweetener doesn't bother me at all), and I like the taste, its become my go-to office "snack."

Why is it that whenever I go to get a cup of coffee, the pot is empty? On top of that, the burner is always left on, which means that the thin layer of coffe is going to be burned into the pot glass thereby ruining every subsequent pot of coffee brewed in that specific pot.

It seems to me that when the coffee pot is empty, or when you drink the cup that's going to make the pot look gross to the next guy, you should fill it up. Easy enough to remember. I used to work at a summer camp, and from the age of 8 the kids learned that "If you kill it, you fill it." I doubt that this language would suffice in the workplace, but I have a hard time believing that the cultural norm of the people who work in this office is so far displaced from the culture here in America or up in Canada.

Tags: , ,

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know you can't bring that weak ass stuff up in this humpy bumpy! You kill the joe, you make some mo'! You know that baby!

Triple T, your wisdom is unrivaled.

Scott said...

I think that might deserve its own post.