Thursday, May 04, 2006

Really, what's the point?

I was told by a friend that he didn't understand the purpose of this blog. I realized that I haven't really defined it yet and wanted to take the opportunity to do so.

Everybody, in my opinion, has something that they don't like, or aren't ecstatic about, in the workplace. I also believe that it would be difficult to find a person who doesn't take a couple of breaks during the workday, even for short periods of time. That's all this is at this point. A place for me to take a break from the workday and share what's interesting or frustrating about working life, or find things that I believe people might enjoy on their work breaks.

I promise that there won't be anything posted that's not work appropriate. I can't vouch for any of the personal blogs that I've linked to, but I'll do my best in that regard.

I don't pretend to have a job that's worse than anyone else's, but rather one that is similar to many others. If the blog doesn't amount to anything more than a place to vent my frustrations and waste my breaks, then that's OK. If I somehow gain a loyal following which entails more than the current 9 unique readers, then that would be great too. So tell your friends and feel free to send content and leave comments. I hope to keep at least 9 people entertained during the day.











Tags: , , the number

No comments: