Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Didn't your mother teach you to put away your toys?

Leaving for lunch this morning, I found a champagne colored Lincoln LS (Lincoln calls the color Cashmere, but I call it Grandma) parked within a foot of the passenger side of my car. Upon closer inspection, I found black paint on his door-guard, and champagne paint on my door. When I parked this morning there were at least 4 open spaces on the passenger side of the car. There were 3 open spaces on the passenger side of the LS when I left for lunch.

This begs me to wonder: why don't people take care of their things? A co-worker offered up the suggestion that this may have been a rental car. By the looks of the interior, strewn with everything from children's toys, books, a car seat, and several jewel cases (I'm still laughing at the Martina McBride CD), I would say that this car is owned/leased. I have always been taught to care for my belongings. I drive a Mazda, and while it may not have the trade in value of a Mercedes-Benz, it is still an asset and therefore worthy of being cared for.

Given the price of the LS, I would be even more careful with the car; though I guess if proportional net worth allowed you to buy a more expensive car, then it should be cared for in the same manner as a Mazda would be for a lower earner. As I mentioned before - an asset should be cared for, regardless of its worth.

Be forewared: from now on I'll be taking down license plate numbers, so if you park next to me you'd better be careful to keep your paint to yourself and lay off of mine.

Tags: ,

No comments: